Join Advocates, Senator Bob Casey (D-PA), Hon. Tony Coehlo, and other members of Congress on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, June 6, 2017, for a rally to Stop Medicaid Caps and Cuts and Save the Lives of People with Disabilities.
- The American Health Care Act (AHCA), if passed, will cut more than $800 billion from Medicaid over the next decade.
- “Per capita caps” will devastate Medicaid-funded services that people with disabilities need to live, work and participate in their communities.
- Medicaid provides specialized healthcare services like nursing, personal care and therapies to children and adults with disabilities and seniors.
The U.S. Senate is writing their health care bill now. We must let Senators know that MEDICAID MATTERS and MEDICAID CUTS and CAPS ARE UNACCEPTABLE! #NoCapsNoCuts #SaveMedicaid
If you can’t make it to D.C. consider hosting or attending a rally in your own state.
This Rally is co-hosted and supported by:
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Network of Community Options and Resources
- The Arc of the United States
- The Association on University Centers on Disabilities
- The Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- The Center for Public Representation
- The Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- The National Health Law Program
- The National Down Syndrome Congress